Wow! This is my last post on this blog, and I'm kind of sad. Blogging every week become a part of my schedule, and I enjoyed reading other people's blogs. I'm glad that I have this blog, because I know that I can always come back to it online and see what I thought about books when I read them, and also how I wrote this year. It would be interesting to re-read a book I wrote about in this blog and see how my thoughts differ after I read it again. This blog has been my record of the books I read this year, and all the thoughts I had about them.
I learned a lot from having a blog. I was more interested and engaged in my book when I knew I had to write about it online. I also really liked reading other people's blogs, especially on books I read, to see if we agree or disagree on our ideas. I benefited from this experience in many ways. For instance, I thought deeper about the books I was reading when I was blogging. I also felt that I had more to say for some reason when I was writing online. I also found that blogging and reading blogs is a lot more fun than I originally thought, because it allows you to see what people really think.
Writing online is different than writing in a notebook. When you blog online, everyone can see what you're writing, so I think that encouraged me to really think about what I was reading. Also, I liked writing and knowing that other people are going to read it because I felt what I had to say was taken seriously. When I'm writing something that others are going to read, I think I put more of my thoughts and opinions in the piece.
I think that writing online can be liberating because it allows people to say what they want and state their opinions openly and freely for people to read. Writing online allows a person to get their opinions out in the open. I think writing online can also be limiting because some people may be less willing to speak their mind if other people are going to read it. They may be afraid that their opinions are bad or wrong, and therefore are discouraged to write about them online. Also, when you write something online, you have to remember that it could be pulled up at anytime once it's on the Internet.
I think that some teenagers abuse the freedom that being online gives them, for instance by typing things to people that they would never say to their faces. Some people may think that by writing it online it might not have the same meaning, but it does. Whenever you say something mean or hurtful to somebody else, whether it's online or in person, it still has the same negative meaning. Sometimes saying something mean online is worse because everybody could see it.
Overall, I really liked blogging about my reading. At the beginning of the school year, I thought that blogging would be boring and kind of hard, but after awhile I started to enjoy thinking and writing about my book in a deeper way on my blog for other people to read. I think I may continue to blog about the books I'm reading because it was fun blogging. Also, I think it's a good way to keep in touch with my classmates. I'd also really like to join a book-club blog where I could blog with people reading the same book. I like blogging, because it made me enjoy writing more. It made thinking about my book a lot more fun. I also thought a lot more about what I was reading. I have to say that I am going to miss writing on this blog.
Bye for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment